Flax & Kale

Flax&Kale is the Healthy Flexiterian restaurant in Barcelona…

Run by Teresa Carles -pioneer in vegetarian restaurants in Spain, and my favorite restaurant for lunch in the City Center -every Thursday- if I’m not traveling. Flax&Kale is an elegant and fashionable place inspired in some restaurants of the Soho of New York -and that makes you feel like you’re in one of them- while enjoying the views of Ciutat Vella. All dishes are designed thinking not only as a gastronomic pleasure, but also because of its nutritional value. 80% of the cuisine is Plant-Based, the remaining 20% are recipes that include oily fish and also has some gluten-free options. Juices, vegetable milks and smoothies are made with organic ingredients, conserving all the nutrients due to a Cold Pressed process that Teresa has brought from the U.S. Under the premise: ‘a healthy eating is followed by a health free of illness’, Flax&Kale feed us so that we are happier and manage to live longer. Welcome to the fascinating world of the Tasty + Healthy + Sustainable food! 

Don’t miss the chance to try its green juices, the Rejuvenator  and Vanilla Marcona smoothies. For a different and energizing breakfast order Açai Na Tigela (made from mashed Brazilian Açai fruit), perhaps some Eggs Benedict if you fancy a brunch or the Chia & Mango Pudding to finish the deal.


Açai Na Tigela at Flax&Kale by muymia
Açai Na Tigela at Flax&Kale by muymia
at Flax&Kale by muymia
at Flax&Kale by muymia
muymia & DansVogue at Flax&Kale by muymia
muymia & DansVogue at Flax&Kale by muymia

Flax&Kale es el nuevo restaurante Healthy Flexiteriano de Barcelona, regentado por Teresa Carles -pionera en restaurantes vegetarianos en España-, y mi lugar favorito para ir a comer al mediodía todos los jueves si no estoy viajando. Flax&Kale es un lugar elegante y de moda que se inspira en algunos restaurantes del Soho de Nueva York -y que te hace sentir como si estuvieras en uno de ellos- mientras disfrutas de las vistas de Ciutat Vella. Todos los platos están diseñados pensando no sólo en el mero placer gastronómico, sino también en su valor nutricional. Un 80% de la oferta gastronómica es Plant-Based, el restante 20% son recetas que incluyen pescado azul y también tiene algunas opciones sin gluten. Los zumos, leches vegetales y batidos están hechos con ingredientes orgánicos y conservan todos los nutrientes gracias al prensado en frío que Teresa ha traído de los EE.UU. Bajo la premisa: ‘a una alimentación sana le sigue una salud libre de enfermedad’, en Flax&Kale nos alimentan para que seamos más felices y logremos vivir más años con una salud de hierro. ¡Bienvenidos al fascinante mundo de la alimentación Sabrosa + Sana + Sostenible!

No dejes de probar los zumos verdes, el smoothie Rejuvenator y el batido Vainilla Marcona. Para un desayuno diferente y con energía pide Açai Na Tigela (hecho a base de puré de la fruta brasileña Açai), quizá unos Huevos Benedictinos si te apetece un Brunch o el Pudding de Chía y Mango para rematar.

Where / Dónde: Carrer dels Tallers, 74, 08001 Barcelona, España
Reservations / Reservas

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s